Friday, January 7, 2011

Post Holidays and Piper's upcoming birthday

Well, we have made it through another christmas.  Every year I look forward to christmas, this past year especially, since Piper is older and I managed to get everything on her christmas list.  That is why I was so looking forward to seeing her open all of her presents.  But, I think she was overwhelmed by all her gifts, because by the time she got to her last gift, which was the big one, she didn't seem too excited about it.  We had gotten her an American Girl doll, which was the first thing on her list.  Maybe she will start enjoying her doll more in the coming months.  Overall, it was an awesome christmas, we have been so blessed this past year, I am beginning to wonder when it all come crashing down.  But I can't dwell on that, because I have a wonderful husband and daughter and we are more blessed than most.  And one day I will actually get back into school, if only I could decide what I want to be when I grow up......
Piper's 6th birthday is coming up at the end of the month.  She is so excited about it!  She has decided to have it at the skating rink again this year, mainly because her Aunt Melissa is coming for her birthday and she wants to she Melissa skate.  I found out today that she is telling everyone that they are invited to her birthday party!  I told her that she couldn't do that because we couldn't afford to have all seven kindergarten classes at the skating rink.  185 x 7......hmmm, that is a big birthday party, LOL!  In the end, she wrote down the names of all the people she wants there, I think we are up to 12, I can handle that! 
Next week we are taking a road trip to Pensacola to visit my family, so I am sure there will be lots to talk about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment